We provide documentation of your child’s development during their time with us, both as an individual and as part of a whole group.
Your child will have an individual folder and will be yours to keep at the end of their time with us and while they are here it is an opportunity for us to share what is happening for your child at care.
Our curriculum is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), an Australia wide document that is divided into five areas:
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children are effective communicators.
Observations are taken and then linked to the indicators within each area and from there a plan specific to your child’s needs, strengths and interest is developed. Educators then create experiences that will support your child’s learning and take follow up observations. The folder go home to families to read and comment on before returning to the centre for further additions.
A Group curriculum is developed each month and reflects all the children’s learning and is based on individual books, group observations, research projects, spontaneous moments and family feedback.
When your child reaches the Kindy room environment they will also have the benefits of our Early Childhood Teacher to support them with developing age relevant skills and learning.
Curriculums across the centre also make reference to The National Quality Framework of which there are 7 key quality areas that are important to outcomes for children:
- Educational program and practice.
- Children’s Health and safety.
- Physical environment.
- Staffing arrangements.
- Relationships with children.
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities.
- Leadership and service management.